Hello Queen City Aggies:
Here’s a fact…there are probably 100 times as many Aggies living in Charlotte than actually belong to the Queen City A&T Alumni Chapter. So only a very few Aggies in Charlotte actually know what we are doing in the Queen City A&T Alumni Chapter. Here’s a quick review of a few of the things we did in 2012-2013:
- August: Hosted a reception for Dr. Goldie Byrd, Dean of the College of Arts & Science. Dean Byrd was in Charlotte to kick off her National Alzheimer’s Awareness Research
- October: Hosted a pre-Homecoming Mixer for our members celebrating the Greatest Homecoming on Earth
- November: Provided groceries for Thanksgiving dinners for needy Charlotte families
- December: Hosted a Holiday Party for Queen City Chapter members
- February: Celebrated the history of the “A&T Four” Sit ins.
- March: Conducted a Birthday Party for A&T and hosted two standing room only “watch parties” for the victorious A&T men’s basketball team.
- April: Hosted a “Senior Send Off” for over 85 local high school students and their parents. We also hosted an HBCU Mixer at a the Kanvas Lounge (co-owner, Al Moore – A&T alumnus) as a fundraiser.
- May: Wrapped up the Annual Fund Drive with Charlotte Aggies contributing over $50,000!
- June: Hosted an end of year reception with guess visits from Coach Rod Broadway and Coach Cy Alexander
- August: Victorious (again) in the HBCU Softball Tournament and hosted “Aggie Round Up” cookout for over 100 alumni and incoming freshmen.
As you can see, there’s a lot happening in the Queen City A&T Alumni Chapter. But we could do so much more if you joined us. Please come help us in our efforts to support our great University and the local students.
Come to our September 4th meeting and see for yourself what great work we are doing. Our meetings start at 6:30 pm and ends promptly at 7:30. We meet at 500 East Morehead Street next to the YMCA and there’s plenty of free parking. Email Clarence Fisher at Clarence.Fisher@board.ncatsualumni.org .
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/QCAggieAlumni