Homecoming is here! As you prepare to head back to Aggieland, we want to share just a few more updates about Homecoming! Check the A&T Alumni Website www.ncatsualumni.org and the university’s website for www.ncat.edu for continued updates about homecoming. Also the Young Alumni Council ( @NCATYoungAlumni) and the university (@NCATSUAggies) provide updates in real-time about Homecoming.
Also, we encourage all Alumni to call into WNAA 90.1 FM on Friday morning to talk about Homecoming beginning at 10:00 am. -11 a.m. The call-in number is 336-334-7952.
Remember, that there are a lot of events going on during homecoming, but the only OFFICIAL A&T Homecoming events can be found here: http://www.ncatsualumni.org/main/GHOE/events/ or at http://www.ncat.edu/divisions/advancement/alumni-affairs/homecoming/forms-pdf/alumni-schedule-2012.pdf
REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS: The Parade committee needs at least 7 volunteers to assist with keeping the parade moving and the attendees safe. If you are willing to help out and can get to the Parade very, very early Saturday morning, please contact Shauna Irwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Friday night show with Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly and Jerry Butler show is SOLD OUT. It has been sold out for about two weeks.
- Tickets for the Alumni Dance on Saturday night, October 27, 2012 are available now through the ticket office. With homecoming falling close to Halloween, costumes are welcome! Tickets are just $10 and can be purchased at the Sheraton as well on Friday and Saturday.
- Tickets for student events are still available. Just a reminder that if your teenagers will be attending the Comedy show & Concert, the content is for a more mature audience.
- Game Tickets are still available, both reserved and general admission. Contact the A&T Ticket office at 336-334-7749 or online at www.ncataggies.com (You will need to create a free account)
- The Shuttle to the Aggie Fan Zone will we available again this year on Saturday from 7 am – 6:30 pm. This is a free service.
- It will pick up at the Sheraton, the Depot downtown and the Church Street Parking deck downtown.
- Service times for the Shuttle will be posted at the Sheraton.
- If you are not staying at the Sheraton, you will need to park your car on the Mall parking lot to access the shuttle
- Handicapped parking is available in the Laurel Street Lot, a limited number in Aggie Stadium (A-3) and the Obermeyer Street Parking Deck. There is a charge for each of these lots. The Parking Deck is $10 and provides a shuttle to Aggie Stadium.
- Parking in unauthorized areas or private property may result in your car being towed. The Parking Deck will be available for your convenience
- The safety of all Homecoming attendees is of utmost importance. We encourage you to take your time getting to Greensboro and once you arrive, make every effort to stay safe.
- For tailgaters, we first ask that you tailgate only in approved spaces on campus.
- Many campus areas prohibit open flame cooking but you can consume food previously prepared.
- We also recommend that you check your equipment to make sure it is in good working order, that you have a working fire extinguisher and that you dispose of all hazardous materials in the receptacles that will be provided.
- Please be aware of the fellow tailgaters and respect each others space.
- Please look out for the young children who are future Aggies and who are so much a part of the family gathering at Homecoming.
- A number of safety messages will be announced at all events. In the event of an emergency or if there is a need for an evacuation, please make sure that you heed the safety messages, know where the nearest exit is and follow the instructions of the University Emergency Management team
- Emergency medical personnel will be available along the parade route, on the campus and in the stadium.
- As usual, there will be a number of street closings in and around the campus to
- 1) facilitate the parade
- 2) optimize the flow of traffic to and from the campus.
- Please be mindful that closing in and around the campus will occur as early as 5 am on Saturday.
- Vehicle Access to the Stadium is restricted to those with official passes with entry from Bessemer Avenue (north of the stadium). Streets adjacent to the stadium will be closed to traffic except for shuttles and staff.
- Coliseum Area Traffic: With the volume of traffic anticipated on High Point Road, expect to see road closings and/or traffic diverted.
- Last year, traffic coming to and leaving the Sheraton was “dumped” onto I-40. This was not the actions of the Hotel but of the Greensboro Police Department to manage the flow of traffic in and around the Coliseum and the strip by the Hotel.
- This “dump” will likely occur on Friday night and Saturday night because of the events being held at the Coliseum. The student Step Show is on Friday and their Homecoming Concert is on Saturday night.
- If you are taking students or others to these events or picking them up, expect a high volume of traffic or possible street closings.
- Please work with your hotel to get instructions on how to get to the Coliseum or back to the hotel should you encounter any of these closings.
- Wendover Ave Traffic: There may also be a “traffic dump” may also occur on Wendover Avenue off I-40. Given the high volume of traffic on this road as an alternate to High Point Road plus all of the restaurants and hotels, a dump of traffic may occur on Wendover. Plan your trip accordingly to avoid the high traffic areas and possible re-routes.
- The Aggie Alumni Entrepreneurs Conference will begin at 3:00 pm on Thursday in Merrick Hall Auditorium. Day of registration is $30.00 and can be paid on-site
- The Homecoming Parade has 95 Total participants. Plan to come early to get a good standing space. Every precaution is being taken to keep parade goers safe and off the parade route.
- The Aggie FanFest sponsored by the City of Greensboro and held at the War Memorial Stadium down the street from Aggie Stadium is a free event for the community.
- Friday, October 26 from 11 am – 9 pm
- Saturday from 8:30 am – 9 pm
- Sunday from 11 am – 4 pm.
- Alumni events are offered by the University and the Alumni Association. Check http://www.ncatsualumni.org/main/GHOE/events/ or at http://www.ncat.edu/divisions/advancement/alumni-affairs/homecoming/forms-pdf/alumni-schedule-2012.pdf for more details
- The Alumni Affirmation Service will be Sunday morning, October 28 from 9 am – 10 am. We welcome you to attend before you leave town.
HOMECOMING 2013 – November 1 – 3, 2013
- Hotel reservations for Homecoming 2013 will open on Thursday, October 25, 2012 at the Sheraton. The game date has been confirmed and contracts are in process with the other partner hotels.